Is your wardrobe ready for summer? If you plan to add something fresh and summery to your closet this season, consider some must-have items that can be worn in a multitude of ways. This not only helps you build a versatile selection of summer ensembles but also saves money on pieces that you really don't need.
Eight essential pieces for your versatile summer wardrobe are:
- A bold-patterned tunic dress. Make a bold statement with a distinctly-printed or flower tunic dress. This can be your signature piece that pairs with micro-shorts and sandals or tights and knee-boots. Tunics are a hot look this summer and very versatile.
- A sexy bralette. Instead of another camisole or halter, buy a bralette. These sexy underpinnings are perfect under a slouchy tee shirt or paired with shorts for a risqué club look. These also layer well with a light jacket or blazer.
- Super-short shorts. Speaking of shorts, make sure that you have at least one pair of super-short shorts in your summer wardrobe. These are perfect under skirts or tunics, providing support and eliminating the need for a conventional slip under sheer outfits.
- A stack of tees. Treat yourself to a stack of fresh, cotton tees; buy new and get rid of any last year's tees that are faded. If you really want something special, look for organic cotton or super-soft bamboo in a wide-range of summery colors as well as basic white.
- A crisp button-up. Another great summer piece is the classic cotton button-up shirt. These are worn open over a tank or sports bra and can be dressed up for work with slacks or a skirt. Choose crisp white cotton or linen shirts that will keep you cool all summer long.
- A cool kimono. A style hit to have on hand this season is a kimono jacket. These silky cover-ups are found in hip-length or full-length duster styles; choose which works best for your figure and height. These are silky and cool, yet the perfect amount of coverage with a bralette or tank-dress.
- White linen slacks. Your summer closet isn't complete without a fresh pair of white linen pants. The beauty of these is that they are timeless and can be worn dressed up or down; wear these comfortable pants with a cute knit top and pumps for work or with a tank and gladiator sandals for play.
- The perfect jeans. Naturally, you will need the perfect pair of jeans, and you may want to go capri-length for summer. Choose form-fitting jeans that have a little bit of spandex, like 2%, to give the jeans some stretch and to flatter your shape.
Go ahead and add something to your summer wardrobe, but make sure that it is versatile and pragmatic. Consider these eight ideas for essential items that will create a lot more looks and ensembles this season.